Re: Minidisk data transfer

Subject: Re: Minidisk data transfer
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:22:12 -0000
Oryoki wrote:

> 2. The Hi-MD recorder will transfer the 305MB of the night's
> recording from [standard minidisc reformatted under Hi-MD] to
> computer in 5 or 6 minutes via USB.

Upon further review...I overlooked the fact that the standard
minidiscs don't have as fast a data transfer rate as the new Hi-MD
discs do.  They are only half as fast.  So I should revise my
estimate of the time to copy 305MB from minidisc to computer upwards
to about 10 or 12 minutes.

It's worth noting that the files being copied are in ATRAC form, so
they may have to be converted to some other format (like uncompressed
PCM) before analysis.

--oryoki