RE: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings

Subject: RE: Minidisk data transfer and bat recordings
From: "Graham M Smith" <>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:32:15 -0000
Walt,

> Could you possibly put up some samples of the call recordings from these
> two detectors.

Not as easy as it sounds as currently, due to a change in job, I don't have
easy access to the recordings.  I will try and get some to pass on, I still
do some legitimate claims to getting them.

> Also, what mics are you using?

The mics are simply the mics built into the detector.

Meanwhile if you want some bat calls to have a play with, you could try

http://www.biology.leeds.ac.uk/staff/dawa/bats/BATCALLS.HTM

But these are with the Petterson D-980 and recorded onto a Sony Professiona=
Walkman.

I was also going to suggest http://www.batcalls.org/ but I see I have been
beaten to it.

When I have access to my own recordings again, I will pass some on.

Graham