Re: fast editor for huge wav files

Subject: Re: fast editor for huge wav files
From: "evertveldhuis" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:32:50 -0000
Gianni,

It is not so much the software you are running, but the harddisk and
the memory.
The first you have to do is get more RAM, how much do you hve now?
128 MB, 256 MB or 512 MB? Getting more RAM will improve your speed
the most.
Second, you could get another harddisk in which all WAV files are
stored and edited, this will also improve your speed, but not as
much as more RAM.

If you want to go faster then that, get a new processor.

Regards, Evert

--- In  Gianni Pavan <>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I'm editing a large amount of huge files (1-2 GB) and
CoolEdit/Audition is