Re: Sony announces 1GB capacity MDs

Subject: Re: Sony announces 1GB capacity MDs
From: "Raymond" <>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:15:11 +0100
Yep, I have the IHP-120 with a 20gb harddisk inside. It has a digital and
analog line in/out, a stereo mic in, a buildin mic. It has a usb 2.0 port
for file transfer which worked without installing any drivers under xp. It
can play mp3, wav, wma, asf, ogg and it can show .txt files. It records in
.wav (stereo 44.1 khz 16 bit), and in .mp3 from 40 upto 320 kbps.

I use the Soundman OKM II K studio to record (binaural) without a battery
pack. I use the mic-in of the IHP-120 because you can set the recordlevel of
it (there is also a automatic gain control for the mic-in). The line-in has
no level control. When I use my OKM with the A3 battery pack it gives not
enough power to feed the line-in, it records, but the level is to low.

There is one minor thing however, when you record in .wav format, the record
stops at 779mb, and a record in .mp3 format will stop at 195mb. Sure you can
start a new recording after it has stopped, but why????

I hope the new IHP-140 has no record limit and a levelcontrol for the
line-in.

Cheers,

Raymond