RE: RE: Ecuador Audio Publications

Subject: RE: RE: Ecuador Audio Publications
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:29:58 -0800
I totally agree here, I use all formats because of what is out there but a
CD is where you want to be, at least for the time being anyway. I have
various bird data on cd as a quick reference with birds from all over the
world, a few of them come on DVD like the "DVD rom guide to all the birds of
Europe" there is no way I can use this as I can for instance "Stokes field
guides etc.

Although you can hold much, much more data on a DVD format, I feel at the
moment you will freeze a lot of users out that have only just gone to CD.

Who knows what format we will have and settle with at a later date but CD
will stay for the foreseeable time.

Martyn

  _____