CBC

Subject: CBC
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:31:00 -0000
Good luck. I will be starting at 2:00 AM for the Owls of Christmas
Bird Count I am only going to go at it for 18 hours total.

I hope you are recording as well.  I am hoping to record some good
Red Crossbills and document them as well.  Now that they have been
split to nine species it sounds like great fun.  Once I get all the
MN four I am sure they will be put back to races or something.  It
could be that recordings from Alberta would put an end to this
speculation on species divisions.

For the ones that haven't heard it is only sound that is used to ID
the different species of this bird right now.  That is unless you are
good and can just grab them as they fly by to measure the beaks.

Rich Peet