Re: Field Headphones?

Subject: Re: Field Headphones?
From: grantfinlay <>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:39:44 +1200
Hi Walt,
I agree with you about the tight fit of the sennheisers.. At first I
felt like I had my head in a vise! got used to them though after a few
hours, mind you the sony 7506 are a loose fit for my head compaired to
any other brand.
As you said it's a very personal thing finding the right headphones,
It's almost like the debate between mic brands.... personally I use
neumann shotguns, have owned sennheisers too but for the moment
neumanns are the one for me, may change my mind again soon .. maybe
when I go back to the sony 7506's!
Grant.

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 05:10  AM, Walter Knapp wrote:

> > I should mention that the only reason I brought the sennheisers was
> > that I work in a lot of areas that have high background levels such
> as
> > I.V's on the side of the road etc. This is what drove me to try the
> > sennheisers, otherwise was very happy with the sony's.
>
> I found the HD25's uncomfortable when I tried them on, and that was for
> just a few minutes. As I noted, try before you buy if you can. Fit is a
> personal thing.
>
> Sony does a little game with headphones, there is a consumer line and a
> pro line. Some models are identical except for model number. As far as
> can tell, the 7509 (pro) is the same as the MDR-V900 (consumer).
> Certainly the same specs and fit.
>
> One of the things that attracted me to the MDR-V900 is the 50mm
> diaphragms. I like good low end sound.
>
> I also record from the side of the road a lot. Though the application
> is
> different as when a car passes the recording is no good anyway.
>
> Walt

Grant Finlay
Mb: ++64 21 943997
Based in Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.ultrasound.orcon.net.nz
Location Sound Recording for Film,TV & Music.