Re: Field Headphones?

Subject: Re: Field Headphones?
From: grantfinlay <>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:26:14 +1200
Hi Mike,
I used to use sony 7506 but have upgraded to the sennheiser HD25 (not
HD25sp)
I find that they are more isolating and I don't have to wonder if that
background noise is too much.. I'm a sound recordist for tv/film at the
moment and am very happy with the HD25's, I understand that the
application is different as I'm usually dealing with more background
noise than you are or ever should! The HD25sp are a lower cost version,
can't comment on quality as I've never used them but have been told the
HD25 are "clearer"
Have listened to the sony 7509 (?) newer of the 7506 and liked them
too.  All I can suggest is go to your local pro store or hifi shop and
have a listen if you can,but remember that the HD25 will reject more
background noise , I think they have a 20 db isolating factor or there
about. can't remember the sonys spec's.

I should mention that the only reason I brought the sennheisers was
that I work in a lot of areas that have high background levels such as
I.V's on the side of the road etc. This is what drove me to try the
sennheisers, otherwise was very happy with the sony's.
good luck.
Grant Finlay.

On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 04:13  PM, Michael P. Moore wrote:

> Oops...I meant to change the subject line...
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for decent field headphones that
> can take a good beating and probably end up getting rained upon?
>
> I searched the old messages but I didn't turn up anything.
>
> Thank you
>
> Mike Moore

Grant Finlay
Mb: ++64 21 943997
Based in Auckland, New Zealand.
http://www.ultrasound.orcon.net.nz
Location Sound Recording for Film,TV & Music.