Re: Re: Field Headphones?

Subject: Re: Re: Field Headphones?
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:56:22 -0400
Dave Morrison wrote:

>>Just in case anyone wonders what a frog recordist looks like:
>>http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/docs/frogrecordist.html
>>
>>These are part of a series of photos I did to keep the reporters on the
>>Frog CD at bay. They are posed, though I am listening to something in
>>both. Note the headlamp and headphone arrangement.
>>
>>Walt
>>

> Walt,
> You appear to be a man outstanding in the field, so to speak. ;-)
> Sorry, couldn't resist. Still on topic, have you ever found a source
> for replacement earpads for the Sonys? I'm using 7509's now but they
> were replacements for a pair of V-600's (?) or V-somethings that
> virtually disintegrated on me. The black plastic coating they put on
> the outer covers just don't survive the sweat and heat of Florida. The
> cans are still fine but the pads were toast.
>
> Dave Morrison

My V900's appear to have sewn brown leather covers, at least whatever it
is was sewn together. So far, after several years in Georgia, they look
and feel like new.

For Sony parts I've gone to the source. The hard part is coming up with
the part number, their parts site is here if you have the part number:
http://servicesales.sel.sony.com/web/index.jsp

Without a part number for the pads you might want to phone them:
1-800-488-SONY (7669)