Re: Mimicry of human music - RFI

Subject: Re: Mimicry of human music - RFI
From: Syd Curtis <>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 14:42:55 +1000
Thanks Klas.  Interesting, though the Bullfinch was not the particular
instance I had in mind.

My recollection is that the learned song was transmitted through the wild
population and had this curious effect: that after some years the further
away you got from the original site the truer was the rendition.  The tune
was being culturally transmitted reasonably accurately, but then in any
particular location, it deteriorated with succeeding generations.

Syd