Re: Mimicry of human music - RFI

Subject: Re: Mimicry of human music - RFI
From: Magnus Robb <>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:31:58 +0200
In Turkey I've heard Isabelline Wheatears imitating the musical 'Harpo
Marx' whistles of shepherds and the sound of sheep bells. It's not
surprising given that these are some of the most dominant sounds in the
Eregli area where I heard this. Also, Starlings in Amsterdam where I
live (and Denmark it seems: see link) have been known to imitate the
ringtones of mobile phones. Strangely, this fad seems to have passed
now, and I don't remember hearing such an imitation this year or last,
perhaps because I am away so much in the spring. Or perhaps it's because
some people have started using ringtones that imitate birdsongs!

http://www.rbcu.ru/en_birdworld.htm

Magnus Robb