Re: Re: MD v. DAT

Subject: Re: Re: MD v. DAT
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 23:53:40 -0500
>Dan Dugan wrote:
>>  Walt, you wrote,
>>

>>>I do like to get my info from others than just people selling their own
>>>recorder and software, as Raimund is.
>>

>>  Lighten up, Walt. Ad hominem arguments are rarely helpful to a
>>  discussion. The virtues and vices of perceptual coding are pertinent
>>  to this list, but let's keep it evidence-based.
>

>For your information, Raimund announced that he was out to discredit me
>when he started his attacks on MD. He gave that as his reason for doing
>so. That made it personal. At the time I left the group for a fair while
>rather than deal with it. I'm no longer willing to have that stand. I'm
>owed a public apology.
>
>I have looked at Raimund's motives, I find that he sells a competing
>recorder very much a part of his behavior. He behaves like a car
>salesman trying to latch onto anything to discredit competing products.
>
>He has severely misrepresented MD by the language he uses.
>
>He's a trained Hydraulic Engineer. Not electronics or sound.
>
>Walt

I don't think anyone could discredit you Walt. There are so many
kinds of expertise that come into play in tying to understand these
issues and skills.  Experience is king, science is after art, you
have all three under your belt as well as any.  Though  axes can seem
sharpened at times, trying to cut through the differences in our
experiences enables better recordings in the long run.  Rob D.