RE: MD v. DAT

Subject: RE: MD v. DAT
From: "Laloux, Dominique" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:48:18 +0200
Hi,

Perhaps some threads just can't lead to a consensus at a particular point in
time. "MD v. DAT" might be one of them. So, why not put it aside for the
moment, accept that it might not be practical to push it further for a
while, and continue with discussions that are not likely to hurt individuals
as well as the entire group ?

In my opinion, both Raimund and Walt deserve a lot of respect. Both appear
to have a vast experience in their field. Both are undoubtedly passionate
individuals and that, in nature, is a great quality. I would be sorry if one
of them should decide to drop out as, in my opinion, both still have a lot
to bring to the list. Perhaps, recognizing how important their knowledge and
their skills are to the group is, in effect, close enough to a public
apology that, at this stage of the discussion, would be very difficult to
get from one side or the other.

Raimund, Walt : please let's move on. You may not agree on the ATRAC topic,
but I am sure most list members understand the complexity of the topic and
the reasons why there can be differences of opinion on the subject. More
importantly, most list members will probably not put a value tag on you and
on your competence on the basis of the discussion...

Dominique Laloux