Re: Software for frequency measurments

Subject: Re: Software for frequency measurments
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:18:27 -0700
Klas, you wrote,

>It doesn't matter if my "leveler" don't work perfectly. Please note that I
>don't measure true frequency curves, as in a laboratory, but rather curves
>only to describe a change from one set up to another. Example: What happen=
>if I put an omni facing forward, compared to if I put it facing inwards th=
>dish?

I understand. I did the same thing with my CVX review, not worrying
about absolute calibration but comparing the responses of two mikes.
You could use the FFT analyzer then, with pink noise driving the
speaker. I'd put the calibration mike and the mike being tested both
at 30 meters, and compare the curves.

-Dan Dugan