Re: Software for frequency measurments

Subject: Re: Software for frequency measurments
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:25:57 -0000
There is something here that I clearly don't understand.
In that mics are better than speakers and sound decays over distance
having a omni at 30 meters next to your dish seems to make sense in
any comparison.  The "different things" that a dish sees I understand
to always be "bad" things. I don't understand when you would want to
do a comparison without a true reference that an omni would offer.

Rich Peet

--- In  Klas Strandberg
<> wrote:
> Yes, then it was relevant to have both mic's at 30 meters, as both
mic's
> were omnis.
> My set up is a little different, I can't compare a parabol at 30
meters with
> an omni at the same distance. They will "see" very different things
and
> react to very different reflections, in and out of phase.
>
> Klas.
>
> At 11:18 2003-07-03 -0700, you wrote:
> >Klas, you wrote,
> >
> >>It doesn't matter if my "leveler" don't work perfectly. Please
note that I
> >>don't measure true frequency curves, as in a laboratory, but
rather curves
> >>only to describe a change from one set up to another. Example:
What happens

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/