Re: Software for frequency measurments

Subject: Re: Software for frequency measurments
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:07:50 -0000
> Like so many others, you seem to miss the point with a parabol. A
parabol is
> a parabol and it does what it does. It can never be compared with
an omni or
> a directional mic. It's another tool. Please read the white papers
at
> telinga.com.=20
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Klas.

I reviewed your white papers and do not feel that I have missed the
point with how parabolics work.  I find your white paper to be more
of a justification of why your parabolic sounds like it does than an
accurate presentation regarding how all parabolics work.

But it is clear over time that we don't have the same values in
recording with parabolics.  I like larger parabolics and will put up
with the handling problems. I like stereo from two mics without a
barrier between the elements.  And I like cheap headphones while
recording.  IMHO, My results give a more natural sound that extends
lower in frequency, stereo imaging of "on focus" targets, and easy to
use field headphones that don't distort and do not disrupt my hearing
of off target sounds.=20

Rich Peet