Re: Soundscapes & Yuba Pass

Subject: Re: Soundscapes & Yuba Pass
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:22:32 -0400
Martyn Stewart wrote:

> I certainly will be back next year or the next AGHHHHH! and I challenge
> Walt to get there too :)

Quite a trip out there. Need these things around the country. Tempting,
if just to meet everybody.

> Here is that link to the Birding software I was talking about, it really
> does everything that the Lyrebird doesn't do!!!!!!!!

Now a engine like that for the Palm OS, that I could add my own entries
would be nice.

Want to know how far a Palm OS machine has come? Looking at the
requirements for that software it could probably fit in my Palm. 64meg
internal, with a 512meg plug in SD card (that could be a 1gig). And it's
processor has the same clock speed as my G4 desktop!

As it is, in the last week I've stuffed in 200 photos of all the Georgia
frogs, a additional 40 or so of their tadpoles. And all my Georgia
distribution maps, and my database of all my frog recordings. Plus, so
far, one Georgia county in topo form (to be all of Georgia when I get
around to it. I'll put in all the ID sound clips of the calls later. All
of that occupies just part of the main memory so far, the card is empty.

I'll have lots of room left over. Maybe put in Georgia's birds too.
Still thinking about that.