Soundscapes & Yuba Pass

Subject: Soundscapes & Yuba Pass
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:58:59 -0700
OK you lot, you have actually got this all wrong! Nuthatch sounds in
Yuba Pass? Leaves blowing in the trees? I knew you all were not
listening to what Doug was talking about last Friday night, the sounds
you heard were one of an escaped Lyrebird, I told you these buggers were
clever! It was actually a Lyrebird that was sitting in my place for 3
days!!!
I think Rudy, Bernie, Doug and Walt has said it all in these few e-mails
and I certainly endorse what Doug said about not thinking we are
superior! the beauty about what we all do and love is as important as
the next guy, we are all part of a very important chain and that is the
chain of nature recording, whether you ID a bird, insect, frog or a leaf
on a tree, its the very thing that gets us out there and do what we do.
What I do try to do, is log down everything I hear and see, if its an
insect, I want to ID it, if its a frog or a toad, I'm too curious to not
know, and Rudy, I have a degree in Horticulture & botany for which is my
trade so I had BETTER know what bloody trees and flowers are out there
or I get a kick in the @$#@ from my Daughter if I don't!!!
 Cliff, make sure you keep those street recordings because you never
know, I knew a guy who used to record a bloke called John Lennon in
Liverpool, pre Beatles, he sold his recordings for a fair price for
obvious reasons.
I certainly will be back next year or the next AGHHHHH! and I challenge
Walt to get there too :)
Here is that link to the Birding software I was talking about, it really
does everything that the Lyrebird doesn't do!!!!!!!!

http://www.withoutbricks.com/estore/product.asp?isbn=3D1887148167
<http://www.withoutbricks.com/estore/product.asp?isbn=3D1887148167&affilia
te=3Dnaturesound> &affiliate=3Dnaturesound

Martyn