Re: virus

Subject: Re: virus
From: Nick Gordon <>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:49:59 +0200
Though I regard this topic as utterly off topic, it is a topic that
should have everyones attention now and then. I am on the cable to, but
(though it is no excuse, still a reason) since i am on a mac i have no
virus protection and no firewall turned on.

>  From a user of a machine that needs no extra firewall (it's built in),
> and does not bother with virus protection because there is no need with
> my machine.

You make it sound as if it is turned on by default, but thats not true,
is it?

I am bothered more often lately by Spam.  I notice a difference a when
a mail comes from a windows user and a mac user.
That's why I post this mail.

 From the mails I recieve on this topic 'virus' the one from Evert
(sorry Evert) is read in as spam whereas the mails from Charles and
Walter are not.
Evert I  is on Windows and Charles and Walter are on a Mac.  I don't
think it is anything bad, I just noticed the difference and I haven't
figured out what to think of it.

Nick