Re: wide spaced Omni's

Subject: Re: wide spaced Omni's
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:11:41 -0000
Thank you for the kind words.
We like our State Bird, the Common Loon, and the Sandhill Cranes have
grown so in numbers that they often get in the way.  The frogs  are
also our most common frog, the Western Chorus Frog.  MN does have
some interesting sounds that I very much enjoy chasing.

The recorder is again this year a consumer minidisc. Maybe some of
the vaporware will become a reality soon so that I may upgrade
without going broke.  Until then, I use a lot of other lower cost
approaches to capture sound.  But at least I have 5 different mic
options now for capture of stereo sound.

Rich Peet
MN
N45 W93

PS I got my American Bittern finally and we have had some prolonged
rains that have brought the leaves out on the trees this means the
more "open" sounding part of recording season is now over here.

--- In  "bobbaub"
<> wrote:
> Rich,
>
> I have to say, the first of the three samples on your post was one
of
> the most interesting samples I've heard so far in this group(sorry
> just getting around to listening).  I would be interested in
hearing
> the entire programe.  What recorder did you use?
>
> Bob
>

> --- In  "Rich Peet"
<>
> wrote:
> > We have had a few posts in the past that mention wide spaced
Omni's.