Re: Sennheiser MKH 815T microphone

Subject: Re: Sennheiser MKH 815T microphone
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:01:27 -0400
pratap singh wrote:
> Dear Nature Recordists,
>
> Is there anybody in the list who has used Sennheiser MKH 815T for
> nature-especially bird recording ? How does the mike compares with
> MKh 816 for bird recording ? Is there a place to get used zepplin
> suspension, fur and windjammer for MKH 815T?

I believe there was one person recently who said they had one.

It's of about the size of a MKH-416, and the design is based on that
model so the specs for the Mid are similar, so it should compare to that
one, rather than the MKH-816, which is a longer shotgun. It also has a
relatively noisy side for a MKH mic.

I'd assume it should fit suspension and wind gear that's the right size
for a MKH-416. Ebay is one way to get used gear. However the suspensions
and so on on Ebay are often hard fought over by folks who have not
checked prices. So you want to research prices for each part and many
auctions will go over a reasonable price. It can take a while to
accumulate a full setup, or it can occur immediately.