Re: RFI - Scanner for B/W negatives

Subject: Re: RFI - Scanner for B/W negatives
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:31:31 -0500
Jim Morgan wrote:
> Sid - I tried my method as  well as Walts and they both work. Using my
> equipment the digital camera gave clearer results. However with a better
> scanner it might be the other way.

For small negatives a digital camera with a slide copier works best if
you don't have the proper film scanner. Assuming the camera is a good one.

For large glass plates, the flatbed scanners, at least the higher
resolution ones, should give you more pixels and therefore a better scan.

It's just a matter of figuring out which gives you more pixels mostly.