Re: sound editing software

Subject: Re: sound editing software
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 22:36:09 -0500

Rich Peet wrote:
> Infrasound is the method of determination and identification of those
> bad boys playing with big toys (underground nuclear testing).  These
> people also are hearing meteors at pitches below human hearing.
> Search an engine under Microbarographs.  The people that have these
> toys might be a fun group for you to interview and I am sure that
> they would let you in.
>
> It is an audible event and my playing is to determine if the toy is
> confined to the elite.

It appears we are talking about .0001Hz to a few Hz. So, a MKH-110 could
dabble in the high frequency part of this range. The MKH-110 varient
that goes to 0.1Hz would be the better choice, but it would look like a
place where a homebuilt might do even better. Particularly as most of
the natural events seem to be lower frequency than 0.1Hz.  There seem to
be some links around about how to build your own Microbarograph. Here's one:
http://www.belljar.net/microbar.htm