Re: sound editing software

Subject: Re: sound editing software
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:31:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi Rich,

> Infrasound is the method of determination and identification of those
> bad boys playing with big toys (underground nuclear testing).  These

I'll check it out!

Mostly I was curious whether you can actually 'hear' the meteors... what
an amazing idea, I will definitely pursue this a bit. That'd be a great
one-minute vacation.

(Supplication: if you have a minute of a recording you'd like to share
with a wider audience, please see:
  http://www.quietamerican.org/vacation.html)

Also, I have some friends who do a 'sound art' project under the name
Infrasound ~ they are synthesizing very low frequencies (not subsonic) and
trying to use beating effects to simulate subsonics, it's sound that's
meant to be 'felt' when performed/presented.  They did a show at my
warehouse with a decent PA (sub cabinets) and had the whole house gently
rattling in waves that rose and fell with an ocean-like rhythm... quite a
performance.

Best,
 aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org