Re: marsupial moles and minidisc/jukebox

Subject: Re: marsupial moles and minidisc/jukebox
From: "jbensh <>" <>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 01:39:12 -0000
Thanks for another information packed response.  I am still digesting
it all, but I have a couple of simple questions.

1) are minidisc recorders prone to wear in the way that tape units
wear?  As its laser technology I'm pretty sure that this is not the
case, but I am considering trying the technology by buying a
secondhand unit so I would want to know if this is a bad idea.
Obviously everything used wears in some way, but I am more concerned
with invisible wear thats not obvious.

2) can minidisc recordings easily be downloaded to PC and can they
uncompressed for computer analyses?   I'm a bit confused by this, and
would value your comments as to whether there are shortcomings in
this are.

Did i forget to mention the flies?  I guess I've made peace with the
flies and I'm just thankful that they don't bite.  Also, I think they
are not as bad as they used to be before dung beetles were introduced
to process cattle poo.  I don't know when you were here last Walt,
but you might get a pleasnat surprise

cheers

Joe