RE: 16/24 bits multichannel recorder

Subject: RE: 16/24 bits multichannel recorder
From: Gianni Pavan <>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:02:28 +0100
Hi,
         to keep the code simple and fast, the beamformer is based on the
basic delay and sum methods with few options to adapt it to different
situations. The array geometry can't be changed: at present, the software
requires a linear array of equally spaced sensors. The aim of the system,
to be coupled to either hydrophone or microphone arrays, is to provide
beamforming capabilities up to 1/4 (maybe 1/5) of the sampling rate (sensor=

spacing should be set accordingly), to provide a time plot of energy