Re: For surround sound folks

Subject: Re: For surround sound folks
From: Jeremiah Moore <>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 21:30:52 -0800
I'd be a bit surprised if the Sonica device actually manages that
much audio I/O on USB due to bandwidth limitations - I think 6
channels of 24-bit 48KHz is about the practical limit for USB.  Maybe
it's taking a compressed datastream (like Dolby AC3) via USB and
decompressing it at the unit?  It would be compelling to have that
much I/O in a small unit at low price point, but too good to be true?

-jeremiah