Re: MD disasters...

Subject: Re: MD disasters...
From: Callan Cohen <>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:29:17 +0200
Thanks all for your help.

I can add more information based on your comments:
1. the machine has been permanently set on the "Record from end" function
and continues to be after these incidents.
2. I tried to simulate the error Aaron describes but, even if the machine i=
paused on track 1, the recording begins at track 2. In my cases, both times
the recording has begun on track 1.

It's almost as if the TOC has been set to "blankdisc" before I start
recording? As I keep the buttons on "hold" it must be due to internal
movements or a fault in the machine?

Any further ideas would be gratefully received, as would any comments on th=
Sharp MD-MT888H.

With many thanks and best wishes,
Callan
___________________________________________________________________________=
_
Callan Cohen                   Percy FitzPatrick Institute
        of African Ornithology,
Tel: +27 21 683 1898             University of Cape Town,
Mobile: +27 83 256 0491               South Africa.
Fitz: +27 21 650 4297
Fax: +27 21 671 2990

For African birding & travel information, guiding & pelagic trips, visit:
BIRDING AFRICA www.birding-africa.com
CAPE TOWN PELAGICS www.capetownpelagics.com
Email:
_