MD disasters...

Subject: MD disasters...
From: Callan Cohen <>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:39:40 +0200
Dear all,

I've had the rather disastrous situation twice recently of looking down at
my Sony MZ R700 MD while recording a bird call only to discover that instea=
of being on, say, track 56, it is on track 1 and all the previous recording=
have been lost! Despite the fact that the MD seems to be working perfectly,
it has on these two occasions, when I activated the record function, starte=
from the beginning instead of the end of the recordings (as it is set to do=
)
and thus all the previous recordings seem to have been lost!

Has anyone else had this experience? Is there any way of recovering the
data? On the first occasion I lost almost an hour of Ugandan bird calls
including a few species that have hardly ever been recorded before. Any
ideas on what might be causing the problem?

I'm considering getting a new MD rather urgently before I leave for a
Namibia trip in a week's time and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on th=
Sharp MD-MT888H?

With many thanks for any advice,
Callan

___________________________________________________________________________=
_
Callan Cohen                   Percy FitzPatrick Institute
        of African Ornithology,
Tel: +27 21 683 1898             University of Cape Town,
Mobile: +27 83 256 0491               South Africa.
Fitz: +27 21 650 4297
Fax: +27 21 671 2990

For African birding & travel information, guiding & pelagic trips, visit:
BIRDING AFRICA www.birding-africa.com
CAPE TOWN PELAGICS www.capetownpelagics.com
Email:
_