SASS/MKH-110 update

Subject: SASS/MKH-110 update
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:23:38 -0500
I got out last night off Southeast of here a ways, hoping that maybe the
Eastern Spadefoot Toads had decided to call as we had 3" of rain and it
was very warm. Saw one, but no calling except the occasional Green Frog.
It was a long shot. I just finished doing the ID clips for all the
frogs, and that's the one that's the worst. I only had two recordings,
both with lots of other frogs I could not filter out, and one with lots
of clipping.

But there was some thunderstorm activity. Managed to record some bolts
with the SASS/MKH-110 and also some with the SASS/MKH-20. Recording out
the Ranger's window in the rain. All filters off, Portadisc plus MP2, a
little clipping by the MP2 on the MKH-110 one. There is a bolt from each
on my SASS/MKH-110 page, note it's not the same bolt, but is a single
bolt each:
http://frogrecordist.home.mindspring.com/docs/sass_mkh110.html