Re: Houston, We have a problem!

Subject: Re: Houston, We have a problem!
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 11:57:44 -0500
At 09:36 AM 10/28/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Another thing that can happen is the PC board where the mic enters the MD
>can be cracked - it could be cracked due to stress caused by jerking the
>mic cord, etc. Isn't this a used MD? Does it happen with all mics?
>
>Doug

I am liking Doug's point more and more.  Try, if you lack another mic,
using another pair of headphones as a temporary mic, to test the MD circuit=

board.  Plug a spare pair of headphones into the mic jack, and try speaking=

into them, wiggling, etc.  I am betting (and I wish I weren't) the jack /
circuit board is damaged.  It has happened to me with cassette machines,
repeatedly.

cheers,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates
PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

EnjoyBirds - software that migrates with you.