Re: MD to PC?

Subject: Re: MD to PC?
From: Walter Knapp <>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:03:13 -0500
Shaun wrote:
> Hello again,
>             Here is something that totally slipped my mind and
> something I should have asked way eariler. It just dawned on me
> tonight that I do not know how to get my recordings from my MD onto
> my PC. I am running a Compaq 7479, 533 Mhz,128 Mb Ram with a cdr-w
> drive. I know that I have a music in jack and a music out jack and a
> mic in jack and thats about it for sound jacks, so could someone
> please tell me how I would go about getting my sounds from my
> minidisc onto my computer, I know what to do with them from there I
> think, I was told to save all my recordings as wave files for best
> quality,then i will probably copy them so that I can play with the
> copies in Cool Edit. I was thinking I might be able to use my Cool
> Edit Pro to rip the sounds off the MD, but i'm not sure on this?

Forget ripping. You can sedately play them in your MD while recording
the sound to hard disk in Cool Edit.

The music in jack is the most likely one. You will need a stereo
miniplug to whatever that connector is. Stereo miniplug is like the
small headphone plug.

Then you just connect line out on your MD into your music in (which
should be the equivalent to line in. Set up your sound input to be from
there, set up Cool Edit on record, hit play on your MD. I recommend
making each track on the MD a separate file. Remember to set it all up
as 44k 16 bit sampling if it's not already set. And you will need a
bunch of disk space.

This is the basics. You will have to fiddle with volume settings record
settings and so on to get the level right. And you may or may not find
the sound quality acceptable. If not, the first suspect is probably your
soundcard.

>From   Tue Mar  8 18:22:53 2005
Message: 13