Re: Digital over mod? was:New to list and interested in grasshoppe=

Subject: Re: Digital over mod? was:New to list and interested in grasshoppe=
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:15:56 -0400
rs

At 11:48 AM 10/16/02 -0400, you wrote:
> >   There is
> > boldface tiny writing on the box that warns against any use of enclosed
> > software on a Macintosh.
>
>Talk about waving a red flag at a bull! I believe the mac folks already
>have it running in VirtualPC. Anyway I saw some indications of that.

Nobody ever said Mac users and bulls had anything in common, until now . . =
.

>Does not matter much, as of January, the last vestige of the Mac will be
>dead. There will be these Unix machines that are trying desperately to
>fool us into thinking they are Macs. But no macs sold anymore.
>
>Walt

What do you really expect with all of Sony's copyrighted resources and all=

of Microsoap working against you?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the nature is of the "ATRAC3
files" . . . I think the idea is you can USB them directly at high speed
onto your MD  . . . then play them back at normal speed.

What I want to know, is, can you convert the ATRAC3 files BACK into
something not proprietary to Sony?
That would be nice, to record nature on a MD, then transfer the DATA by USB=

in descrete chunk files onto the HD by USB, then convert to AIFF or WAV. .

cheers,

Marty Michener
MIST Software Associates
PO Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049

coming soon : EnjoyBirds - software that migrates with you.