Re: Re: SASS - MKH110 modification

Subject: Re: Re: SASS - MKH110 modification
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 20:32:00 -0700
Walt, I'm not surprised you're having problems with the MKH 110 into the MP-2.

The MKH 110 is a special mike, designed for measurement purposes. In
the old days measurement mikes were only used with measuring
instruments that had special preamps wired for the particular mike.
The MKH 110 is DC-coupled at the output (presents 5V on pin 1 of the
DIN connector, which is the audio output (unbalanced)) and therefore
the preamp must be AC-coupled at the input. The 110 is not phantom
powered, and not T-powered either; it expects 8V +/- 1V on pin 3 of
the DIN connector with pin 2 grounded. This is not compatible with
the standard phantom-powered input on the MP-2, I'm surprised you get
any sound at all!

BTW, are yours MKH 110, or MKH 110-1?

-Dan Dugan