RE: Dumb Windscreen Question

Subject: RE: Dumb Windscreen Question
From: "Chris Owens" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:01:34 +0100
Hi Barb,

A few weeks ago I made a wind shield for my Telinga - with the help of
my daughter.

I cut out a circle of fleece with a diameter 3 inches larger than the
diameter of the reflector. This gave 1.5 incehs all round to create a
hem through wiich I threaded some 1/4 inch elastic. The real trick is to
pull the elastic very tight befor tying it off. This produces a fairly
taught fron to the shield across the face of the reflector. It requires
some effport to pull the shield over the front of the reflector - the
alternative is that it would flap or vibrate in the wind.

I have been using it for the last two week while on location in the SW
of England - it gets quite windy there!!

I am very pleased with the results. I did some tests on a calm day with
the cover on and off, and could not detect ant deteriation in the level
or quality of the signal.

The total cost about =A33 (around $4.50)

Best Wishes,

Chris.