Re: Dumb Windscreen Question

Subject: Re: Dumb Windscreen Question
From: Doug Von Gausig <>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:07:51 -0700
At 09:49 AM 8/14/2002, Barb Beck wrote:

>I have been trying to use the my new Telinga for a while this summer but o=
ne
>BIG problem I have over my old roche-stennheiser setup was is that the set=
up
>appears far more sensitive to the wind.  It tends to be quite windy up her=
>especially if you are on the prairies.
>
>I was going to try to build a windscreen out of fake fur and cross stitch
>mesh (with a whole bunch of the mesh punched out to make bigger holes) but
>the problem is I do not have a clue how to mount it on the mic.
>
>Anybody out there solved this problem reasonably?
>
>Took a look at the commercial stuff - the price is out of sight!!

I assume your new Telinga is the parabolic setup? If so, there is a special=

windscreen available from Telinga that covers the face of the dish, and is=

very, very effective. You might also try some sonically transparent
material that covers the face of the dish - just a big cloth placed over
the front of the dish and attached to the parabola somehow. Also you might=

be aware of the direction of the wind against the dish - the wind's effects=

are worst when it is across the face, rather than against the back or front=

of the dish.

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Clarkdale, Arizona, USA