Re: More on MKH and a little story abt.Nagras

Subject: Re: More on MKH and a little story abt.Nagras
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:38:44 +0100
I find that quite surprising, obviously I have access to the figures on
failure rates for every component in the PMD222, and I can say hand on
heart that we VERY rarely see any of those machines come back for repair,
and the ones that do come back tend to have been out in the field for many
years and come back to us for a tune-up rather than component failure. I'd
be interested to know what the faults that occurred were, and to find out
if they were related to environmental conditions.
We still sell the 222 and 430 in huge quantities worldwide, and their
design has remained unchanged since they first appeared, purely because
they were designed right to start with. What is sad is that it is getting
harder and harder to find factories willing to build portable cassette
products these days, as they are all geared towards MD and CD etc, so I
can see a time in the future when we will have to stop selling them. I
believe Sony have discontinued their Pro cassette models, which really
just leaves us out there ( and although I'm biased I would say all of ours
are better than Sony's !! )

Matt Jarvis
Product Marketing Manager
Marantz Professional Europe
Kingsbridge House, Padbury Oaks, 575-583 Bath Road, Longford, Middx, UB7
0EH, United Kingdom
+447796610410 - Mobile
+441753686080 - UK Office
+441753686020 - Fax

2002-07-04 19:08
Please respond to naturerecordists

        cc:     (bcc: Matt Jarvis/LGD/CE/PHILIPS)