Pinout for Sony's 7-Pin Interface Connector

Subject: Pinout for Sony's 7-Pin Interface Connector
From: "bbystrek" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:03:50 -0000
Hello,

Does anyone have a pin-out diagram for Sony's 7-Pin interface
connectors?  I'm not sure if all Sony recorders are identical, but
mine is the Sony PCM-M1.  I know where the S/PDIF output and return
wire are, but I don't have any info on whats on the other pins other
than one is an S/PDIF input and one or more allow some sort of remote
control.  I would like to be able to use a wired switch to toggle the
transport from stop to play/record if possible.

Brian Bystrek