canberrabirds

drones

To: Denise Kay <>
Subject: drones
From: Adam Spence <>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 07:34:48 +0000
The drone operator was operating in a no fly zone as I said.

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 at 4:28 pm Denise Kay <> wrote:
Thank you Adam

Grey headed flying foxes are a protected and vulnerable keystone species they died by the thousands last year and will do again this year no doubt.

To fly a drone over the THE flying fox maternity colony in Commonwealth Park when the temperature is 39 and rising and when an extreme heat event was expected …..

That’s when they drop from the trees ( babies first ) from overheating and die …….

Which is why the Droner was there in the first place to get some juicy disaster shots ...

In fact exacerbated the stress in these bats .

So in my opinion what seems like a ‘minor issue ‘ to you and the Droner is not and was not at the time

There need to be some enforcers of the regulations why would you have them otherwise ? Park managers /rangers

Drones are such an important tool in many ways .

How about getting out there and mapping what’s left of the flowering eucalypts along the east coast ?

Denise Kay
Flying-fox coordinator
ACT Wildlife
0467506167