canberrabirds

Has eBird made people selfish with sightings?

To: "" <>
Subject: Has eBird made people selfish with sightings?
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2019 02:13:06 +0000

I suspect Mark’s comment about they were concerned that we would find a "rare" species and the the "government" would take their land off them is equally true about their fear (False Expectations Appearing Real) of unknown people finding not just rare flora or fauna but probably more likely aboriginal or early settler cultural sites, dinosaur or other important fossils, valuable minerals, an unknown Marijuana crop……….. or even more likely, concern about adverse impacts on stock animals or more likely than that, people getting lost or injured or whatever whilst on their property.