canberrabirds

FW: COG's bird blitz

To: <>
Subject: FW: COG's bird blitz
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:19:40 +1100
Further to this. Today I went past this Kestrel site (at about 11 a.m.). The bird was sitting on the same branch. This time there were many cows & a bull or two resting under the tree, so I didn't go so close. As I walked away another Kestrel arrived carrying what looked like a skink, some calling and the waiting bird flew to the arriving birds, received the food and went straight into the hollow. About a minute later it came out, some more chittering calls and a copulation.

So does that constitute a breeding record for the blitz?

Does anyone wish to be shown the site? It would be very easy to film (apart from the cattle), about 100m from the car park, off Meredith Circ Kambah.