canberrabirds

COG's bird blitz

To: "'Barbara Allan'" <>, <>
Subject: COG's bird blitz
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 06:56:32 +1100

I hope everyone had as good a day as Barbara.  I did two grassland reserve sites in the Gungahlin area and in one reserve recorded a total of three species flying over  - myna, starling and magpie - who were not actually using the reserve as such, and in the second reserve scored a kestrel that initially overflew the site but returned to circle near me. I’ll take this as using the site. I’ll do the third grassland site this morning if it is not full of cattle. There’s nothing like being bored out of your brain in a totally unproductive landscape!!

Have fun blitzing!

Mark