canberrabirds

Superb Parrots in Giralang

To: <>
Subject: Superb Parrots in Giralang
From: "Woo O'Reilly" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:05:29 +1000
Driving away from Giralang Primary School this morning I was delighted to look up and see four Superb Parrots in a tree across the road. Being relatively new to Canberra and with young kids I don't get to birdwatch much these days and this was my first view of this striking bird. I pulled over to get a better look but they flew before I got out of the car.

I was wondering if there are particular spots around Canberra where you have an increased chance of spotting SPs or if you just have to stumble upon them like I did?

Many thanks - Woo O'Reilly