canberrabirds

Superb Parrots in Hawker [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: Superb Parrots in Hawker [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Whitworth, Benjamin" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:11:44 +1000

On Sunday I birded the Hawker ovals. I thought I heard superb parrots about 10 times but couldn’t locate them. They were evading me. After an hour finally 4 superb parrots flew over, 2 males and 2 females. 3 rainbow lorikeets. 6 kingparrots (unusual for Hawker), 4 welcome swallows, 5 WW choughs. Many red rumps, eastern rosellas, galahs, currawongs, red wattlebirds and N miners. 2 striated pardalotes and then 2 spotted pardalotes on my way home. A few Mynas and starlings. No ibis or friarbirds.

Benj