canberrabirds

Where to report branded Pelicans? + Superb Parrots

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Where to report branded Pelicans? + Superb Parrots
From: Dimitris Bertzeletos <>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:22:11 +0200
Hello all

Last Monday I found a juvenile Pelican in Bateman's Bay with the number 396 branded on the right (I think) wing and a smudge or the left one. Anyone know were to report these birds?

Also on my way to Canberra Tuesdy I had two Superb Parrots (male and female) midway the road between Tugrarnote (no idea how you spell that) and Canberra. ("TICK!")

As for other birds in the bay. Peregrines and Topknots regular at CC, Figbirds still very easy to be seen at waterfront BB and all the rain has caused most waterbirds to disperse, I have about zero chance at the moment of sighting crakes and snipe, but Azure Kingfisher still relative easy at Bateman's Bay Watergardens and White-cheeked HEs guaranteed there.

At Tuross Lake about a week ago I have ~4 Fairy Terns and 2 Little, ~300 Teal and ~30 Barwits, no other waders were sighted despite my efforts. Also an abundance of large HEs, Olive-bakced Orioles, Acanthizids and Koels in the heath next to the lake.

Cheers!

Dimitris