canberrabirds

Rosella progress and photos

To: "COG List" <>
Subject: Rosella progress and photos
From: "Denis Wilson" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 19:20:11 +1100
Bron's note on Rosella chick progress contains the interesting observation
"The birds always seemed the most wary of the nine parrot species we've seen here"

It is worth being reminded of the wealth of parrots you have around and about in Canberra and district. Enjoy them all, won't you?

I get Crimsons, King Parrots and YT Black Cockies in my place at Robertson. I once saw a group of Musk Lorikeets fly over.

Elsewhere in the village, White Cockies, and Galahs follow the railway line, and seldom spread out further into the rainforest country. Eastern Rosellas (a few only) occur in one part of the village, only where Eucalypts are found. Gang-Gangs occur in the Sandstone country below us. Little Corellas still have not invaded us from Bowral.

Still, on a strict "house record" I score only 3 regulars and 1 rare fly-over.