canberrabirds

Re: New Gungahlin suburb [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Re: New Gungahlin suburb [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:25:29 +1100
I am very disappointed with what they have done with the new suburb of
Forde, which touches Mulligans Flat Reserve by the reserve car park.

I was under the impression that the ACT Government promised a buffer zone
between the suburb and the reserve. Because of the high demand the ACT
Government added a lot more plots to the original plan and the development
now stretches much further north along the Mulligans Flat access road with
absolutely no buffer whatsoever. It seems they consider the access road to
be the 'buffer'.

It is also a joke that they market the suburb of Forde as being 'green'.
The enormous two-storey houses they have built so far allow no space for
gardens or trees, like all the new Gungahlin suburbs.

I hate to see what Throsby will end up looking like and what affect it will
have on the adjacent reserves.

Cheers

Marnix Zwankhuizen
Senior Analyst/Programmer
Java Enterprise Technology
IT Branch
Australian Electoral Commission

Ph:   02 6271 4465
Fax: 02 6271 4644
Email:

             "Brett Howland"
             <
             .au>                                                       To
                                          "Jenny Bounds"
             18/12/2007 07:07             <>
                                          "Canberrabirds"
                                          <
                                          .au>
                                                                   Subject
                                          Re: [canberrabirds] Molonglo
                                          Valley urban development - COG
                                          submission

I would be more concerned about the new suburb development planned in the
Goorooyaroo-Mulligans flat reserve!!!

> Greetings: For those who may be interested, the COG submission to the
ACTs

http://canberrabirds.org.au/ConservingWoodlandBirds/COG%20Molonglo%20Valley%20PA%20%20DVA%20Submission%20FINAL%2023%20November%202..pdf