canberrabirds

Powerful Owl

To: <>
Subject: Powerful Owl
From: "Kamprad" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:53:18 +1000
No luck yesterday Sunday for the PO. I looked for about 3/4 hour from 1:45 pm.

For anyone who has not been to the site I found Julian's instruction on how to get there very useful.

It's so cold I am surprised we have any birds around at all to look at
Julienne K
Julian's Instructions
It's in Section 12, if that helps.  Otherwise, walk along the path between the cafe and the lawn, and continue past the offices for maybe 100m.  You will pass a couple of the kid's interpretive signs I mentioned.  When you come to a set of paperbarks, look for the owl on the left.  Sometimes it's just above the path, and sometimes it's higher up in a tree slightly "inland".  There is a strip of red and white tape (guarding the area where recalcitrants were walking on the garden bed) and standing there is a good place to look for it if it's inland.  If you reach the interpretive sign I photographed, you've gone a little too far, although if it was at the lower first-mentioned location you'd see it from there by looking slightly back.

Good luck!

Julian