canberrabirds

Honeyeater Poll

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>, <>
Subject: Honeyeater Poll
From: "Mark Clayton" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:06:55 +1000

The Square-tailed Kite should already be on the list for COG’s area of concern but because of my slackness is not! I have not yet gotten around to writing up a record of a bird seen by Richard Allen, Chris Davey, Paul Mahoney and myself in October 1991 at Lowden Forest Park in Tallaganda State Forest. I have found the species nesting near Bombala in the 1980’s while working for CSIRO in the area that is now the Coolangubra National Park, so it is a distinct possibility that the species will fly over the ACT boundary (and I don’t mean Jervis Bay!) sometime in the not too distant future.

Mark