canberrabirds

Common Myna Breeding

To: "Esme Barker & Bruce Ramsay" <>
Subject: Common Myna Breeding
From: "martin butterfield" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:59:34 +1000
G'day Bruce

I have trawled the breeding records in the GBS database and found 188 breeding records (defining breeding widely) for the common mynah.  The attached chart shows that the current period (at the far RHS of the chart) is very quiet for such activities.  Most of the records outside the period September to March (incl) are IH (inspecting hollow) and there is not a single CO record in the database for this species.  Clearly they appreciate their privacy!

Martin